Firefighters seek to help Westford fire victims
Restores my faith in humanity
Family lost everything in fire
The Daily family wasn’t home Friday when a 3-alarm fire destroyed their home on Beaver Brook Road. Fire officials say a dryer is likely to blame for the blaze that claimed the lives of the family pets.
“It’s never easy responding to fires or seeing people lose their homes, but especially at Christmas time it’s very difficult to deal with that,” said Lt. Shawn Girard.
The Westford Fire Department wanted to do something to assist the family of five, including three children right before the holidays. The department posted a message on social media, and within hours, the community was filling the firehouse with clothing, Christmas presents and gift cards.
View original post 70 more words